Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thy Will Be Done



Psalms 37:4 says that if we delight in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart.

Tori and I went a long time thinking that this meant that God would give us everything we really really want if we would just focus on Him. 

What this actually means is that if we will engage more in a personal relationship with God, He will put His desires inside of us.

No more will we have to add to our prayers "if it's Your will God..." We'll know that our desires line up with God's will, because not only are we aware of what His will is (personal devotion) but we have been given our desires by Him!

This week I encourage you to pray this prayer. 

Dear God, Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts, Your ways are higher than my ways. Thank you for revealing Yourself through Your Son. Help me to delight in you. Help me to rejoice in Your word and to be in prayer constantly. Teach me to rest in You. Give me the desires of Your heart, and make them the desires of my heart. Make me want the things You want. You are a good God with good desires. I entrust my wants and needs to You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the feedback!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...