Monday, September 10, 2012

Great And Precious Promises

Faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen. 

What are you in faith about? What are you hoping for? What evidence do you have in your heart that your eyes haven't quite seen yet?

God has promised us so many things if we just put our faith behind them.

"And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires." 2 Peter 1:4

From the verse above, it looks like we can't share His divine nature without His promises. You want to know how complex His nature is? Well, there are over 3000 promises in the Bible. I'd say that's a lot to share in!

What promises are you leaning on today? 

Are you believing to overcome obstacles?
"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"

Are you believing to encounter God?
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Are you believing for righteousness?
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." 

Are you believing for rest?
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Are you believing for wisdom?
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

This is just 5 promises. There are thousands more.

This is why it's so important to memorize scripture. We can't just lean on what we glean from a 35 minute message each sunday. We've got to be deep into the Word each month, each week, each day. Can we honestly say, Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path? Or are we trying to walk by another light?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the feedback!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...